View Single Post
Old 01.12.2017, 08:55 PM   #26
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
but severian doesn't your being so insecure about this stuff at least to some degree highlight the issue? like half the time I do this for a piss-up, but I think speaking truthfully something like nine inch nails is (to me) so ideologically antithetical to not only a band like sonic youth but indeed so much of the stuff you post about on here; it's a dilution and commodification of that sense of 'outsider'-dom/alienation which strips the power from that form o' expression, and for someone to whom that element of singularity is so fucking central in enjoying music and who in some cases has taste that lines up with your own I'm sort of bemused by how we can be drawn to the same thing for such different reasons, whatever that might mean. like I might listen to a lot of broad music but I think it's bound by something, some sort of purity, but nine inch nails eg. are cynicism and posturing manifest in a preteen's crispy cum rag.

INTERESTING.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|