View Single Post
Old 08.16.2010, 06:57 AM   #14
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
"Nirvana meets Animal Collective in surf punk way"? I know I shouldn't try to make sense of that quote but.. okay, Nirvana.. both bands use power chords.. Animal Collective? That's tough. I guess both bands have melodies that go "ohhhhh". Surf? There is no surf on King of the Beach, besides in the lyrics. "Surf punk" would be, like, Agent Orange.

Well, that's actually the picture I get. "Baseball Cards" and "Mickey Mouse" definitely have an Animal Collective feel to them. You can feel the Nirvana influence on "Green Eyes", "Take on the World" and "Linus Spacehead", not only in the power chords but even in the vocals (the "soooooomething" part in "Take on the World" for example). As for the "surf punk" thing, I said that because it's basically the theme of the album: the beach, the surf, all that shit. And it's quite punk (of course not as "surf punk" as Agent Orange, which is one of my favorite punk bands by the way, but still quite punk).

Anyway, I repeat myself but I really love this album

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|