View Single Post
Old 08.16.2010, 06:36 AM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
Well, to me, it's just a really really cool album, I don't try to look further, I listened to it and now, I always come back to it. I love all the songs on it and I think it's really one of the most "fun" albums I've ever heard. This is the kind of record that actually makes me wanna grab a guitar (even though I can't play) and just have fun... To me, this album is just full of great ideas and it's one of the only albums I played at least 15 times this year so yeah, it has a really power on me.

I don't like Blink-182 though and I don't see the comparisons... Maybe only on "Post Acid", which is awesome. To me, this album is more like Nirvana meets Animal Collective in a surf punk way.

And by the way, I really dislike his first two albums, I love lo-fi music but these ones... I just don't like the sound, AT ALL. Also, it seems like everyone is picking on Nathan Williams because of what he did or said... I don't really care if he's considered to be a prick or something, the guy made an album I love.

Actually, you can play this album, if you have two fingers and an intense interest in all things power chord.

Anyway, you're right, it doesn't sound like Blink; it sounds like Blink slowed down. This dude LOVES Blink and GReen Day and such, that was his inspiration for the album... so, uh, yeah.

Uh... "Nirvana meets Animal Collective in surf punk way"? I know I shouldn't try to make sense of that quote but.. okay, Nirvana.. both bands use power chords.. Animal Collective? That's tough. I guess both bands have melodies that go "ohhhhh". Surf? There is no surf on King of the Beach, besides in the lyrics. "Surf punk" would be, like, Agent Orange...

Anyway, I'm just having fun with you...
atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|