View Single Post
Old 09.22.2008, 04:54 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think the song "Paranoid" is pretty punk (simple, driving, fast, with a noisey guitar solo!), but the rest definitely isn't. Fairies Wear Boots and Planet Caravan aren't punk in the least.

That album's amazing, either way.

again, I am not talking about the sound but the lyrics and the feel behind the sound.

"Reflex in the sky warn you you're gonna die
Storm coming, you'd better hide from the atomic tide
Flashes in the sky turns houses into sties
Turns people into clay, radiation minds decay

Robot minds of robot slaves lead them to atomic rage
plastic flowers, melting sun, fading moon falls upon
dying world of radiation, victims of mad frustration"

or

"First it was the bomb, Vietnam napalm "

or

"Politicians hide themselves away They only started the war Why should they go out to fight? They leave that role to the poor "

I guess Electric Funeral just really struck me as an introduction to what would explode in both the punk and reggae scenes from 1975 to 1985 as the anti nuclear war movement...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|