View Single Post
Old 05.31.2015, 01:17 AM   #47766
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah, def check out Meat Puppets too if you like Minutemen. Totally different sounds for the most part, but both bands did some interesting variations on classic rock guitar sounds.

Also, ever listen to the Wipers, Mortte?
No. Black Flag is the only one I think I´ve heard a little. I don´t know why but Henry Rollins irritates me, specially in his solo career. He´s of course great guy and has an attitude and blahblah. Anyway I am going to check also Black Flag, because I´ve got also wrong picture of Minutemen (just because I hadn´t heard those great first albums). I am really glad I have now five weeks Holiday, so time to listen all great music!

This day I am going to spend all the great sixties/seventies wonders I have recently found like Kinks, Blossom Toes, Family & Fairport Convention albums. Finally I am going to listen Dylan´s Freewheelin as a whole too. Also I am going to listen some Pussy Galore again.

One band that came to my mind from Minutemen is Trumans Water from the nineties. Of course they´re not as great as their skills and not have as strong bass sound, but I think both have continued Beefheart´s tradition in a very great, interesting way.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|