View Single Post
Old 04.17.2010, 07:07 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
at least he doesn't pretend to know more about music than the others

I've read this post 10 times and I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I doubt you're trying to insult me here, since I've never "pretended" to know anything -- nor have I condescended to anyone for knowing "less" -- so I'm kinda confused if that's directed at me; either way, I'll attempt to respond...

I like Rob a lot, I think the world of him, in fact. I'm just saying: I wouldn't trust his opinion on certain types of music, when his musical interests are pretty narrow (which I'm sure he'd even admit.. ROCK ROCK ROCK!). I wouldn't trust his opinion on the Deftones, because I think making a statement like "Deftones suck" when I bet he hasn't even listened to a full album is pretty "pretend", actually -- I dunno, I just try to give everything a fair chance; hell, I've heard nearly the entire Mars Volta catalogue, and I HATE them. But at least I can say I actually listened to their music, closely, and can form a decent opinion on it.

...But, hey, all I've pretty much listened to is techno and EAI for the past year, so I'm not really a good person to talk to about shit either...

But yeah, if that was an insult towards me, uhm, I'm sorry I listen to and play music so much?! Or something?! I have nothing to prove, nor do I think it's my opinion is the only one that matters... I respect everyone's opinion, and I give everything a fair listen before I write it off.

Deftones forever.

ps: Thanks for the rep, Glice, haha...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|