View Single Post
Old 05.25.2021, 12:22 AM   #108
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Holy crap, now this is my kind of supergroup! Meet Springtime:

Gareth Liddiard (The Drones/Tropical Fuck Storm), Jim White (Dirty Three/Xylouris White) and Chris Abrahams (The Necks) are Springtime. Their new album, due out later in the year, combines elements of free-jazz, lyricism, improvisation, avant-garde and experimental noise.

Debut tune "Penumbra [live in Melbourne]" (any relation to the Drones' song from 2008's Havilah? I'm about to find out!) now on Bandcamp.

What they say about it: "first listen to Springtime (Gareth Liddiard, Jim White, Chris Abrahams) ....... recorded live in Melbourne mid-May, since then we've made two full length records of new stuff and some weird versions of old stuff and lots of crazy stuff stuff stuff.... stay tuned."

On Tropical Fuck Storm Records. Album of the year already, and there's nothing you can do about it.

ETA: It IS the Drones song, given an extra apocalyptic treatment. Mother-FUCK this is good.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|