View Single Post
Old 01.09.2020, 02:16 PM   #24371
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
emotion comes from characterization, plotting, spacing, and structure. confusion is NOT an emotion. It is a state of mind, and shit movies think this is enough.
that’s not true. you can get emotion from an abstract painting with no characters or plot. you not like rothko?

you can get emotion from nature. zero plot in our great bitch mother.

music has no characters or plot (lyrics do, but music... ok program music migh have it, e.g. peter and the wolf. but still...) and you can feel shit from it.

anyway don’t know what you mean by “spacing”.

admittedly, an atmospheric film is harder to pull off than a narrative one.

a shit narrative (eg see above the stuff i watched last night) can be more appealing than a genius atmosphere (eg see some terrence malick stuff, i fall asleep always).

but just because it’s hard it doesn’t mean it’s not valid.

i prefer my atmospheric films short though. can’t see there for 3 hours.

e.g. there’s this little greek movie called “washingtonia” that’s just a beauty. what is it about? who the fuck knows? gorgeous 24 minutes though. KONSTANTINA KOTZAMANI is the director’s name.

i watched that darko business a million years ago and liked it. i wasn’t like “oooooooo must watch daily” but it was nice. haunted by a demon rabbit alternate dimension or something i fucking forget.

i don’t remember much from it except for a darkened room and eerie music and the demon bunnyhead or whatever. then... a plane falls on him? there was a plot—impending airline disaster and bunny demon haunting. no?

who cares though? i got my money’s worth back then. not asking for it back.

i think the real problem was too many emo kids went “ooooh, that’s just like my life!” and overrated it and ruined its reputation.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|