View Single Post
Old 07.28.2015, 04:16 AM   #18863
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
just finished watching (2nd time in my life) fassbinder's merchant of four seasons (sorry i don't know the german title).

it's great to be able to watch movies again. and the movie is great. sad and funny--very funny.

listening now to some criterion commentary linking him to dougas sirk. now i have to watch sirk for sure! i think i might have seen one or two, unaware of him.

I like Merchant of Four Seasons a lot but I'm struggling to find anything very funny in it, although it's a while since I watched it.

And yeah, definitely check Sirk out, although I'm slightly at a loss as to why Fassbinder is so often described as being a very Sirkian filmmaker. All his interviews have him talking about what a huge influence he was but I just don't see it translated into the films themselves. A bit like when Tarantino goes on about his debt to Mario Bava. Cool but where is it in the actual films?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|