View Single Post
Old 12.16.2009, 07:22 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
That's hypocritical right there.

duh

Quote:
Oh and they were terrible songwriters. "But dude, the guitarist was so innovative!" Wow, he could make some funny noises with his guitar that people probably thought up before him and thought, "heh kind of amusing eh?" He's a terrible guitarist. Horrible. People seem to think the band are standing up for the little man when really they are probably all millionaires who couldn't give a fuck if we died or not.

that is a matter of taste, many people would walk out of a sonic youth moment saying the same shit

Quote:
What are they trying to prove? Who will it convert? Fuck this "campaign".

if I read that article correctly its not RATM's campaign at all, rather it is some dude's idea and he either did it on his own or RATM gave the thumbs up, but I don't believe they spearheaded it or anything like that.

RATM brings up an interesting paradox, when you have a revolutionary message that needs to get to the masses, how do you avoid mass marketization, which is the inevitable result of mass distribution of anything? I mean, I think we can all agree that RATM didn't start out as some sell-out band, before they were signed that were just another pissed off political punk band like a hundred other punk bands in my collection.. but like Bob Marley that shit got big, and unlike Bob Marley those fuckers let it get to their heads and sold-out.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|