View Single Post
Old 02.08.2018, 10:04 AM   #50384
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Vitalogy sounded fucking weird in 1994. Like "Bugs" and stuff like that was weird. But it's so so awesome. I think I used to skip over "Bugs" back then btw. Nowadays I actually love that one haha. It's so stupid and obnoxious but I love it.

I feel like even No Code was declining as far as their relevance went. I totally loved that album when it came out but I don't really remember my circle of friends (anecdotal, yeah) or radio really playing "Hail Hail" or anything as much as they were still playing stuff from the first 3 PJ albums at the time.

And Yield was the first time I realized "okay, so now PJ isn't really popular anymore" - I remember being so excited about Yield and going to the store to buy it the day it came out and kind of realizing that "nobody" else (again, anecdotal) seemed to even know there was a new PJ album. It was the first album I guess that just seemed like it was made for a set fan base and not really for the world at large.

Maybe.

Yield also has a special nostalgic place for me. Just y'know the time it came out. And I remember picking up Single Video Theory and watching that a bunch of times so that whole song cycle just really clicks w/ me.