View Single Post
Old 08.22.2017, 10:04 AM   #6892
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
It can certainly seem that way, but that's only if you make the huge mistake of discounting The Drones (including the new Liddiard/Kitschin side band, Tropical Fuck Storm), Wussy, No Age, Sleater-Kinney for Chrissakes... and Dry Wood Garage! Don't do it; otherwise you're voluntarily eating shit yourself, TINY.

Hey, you know I like the Drones. We've been over this for fuck's sake.

And sure there are outliers.. I mean, Low is still alive and kicking, Wilco's out there as they will hopefully always be (the world just plain needs Wilco about once every three years) and there are other bands that do not suck. But of all the promising up and comers I've had an eye on over the last few years that have actuallly shown some sign of having staying power, many have just fizzled or disappeared. Then there's Car Seat Headrest, who any day now might go flaccid from the over-exposure.

I put tons of energy into spreading the word about Black Bug when they released their instant Fucking classic Reflecting the Light album in 2013, and then they broke up, and nobody knows anything about them. They're so unknown that when I tweet about them their label notices and likes it, and I don't even really use Twitter.

Dub Thompson had a hell of a debut album in 2014, bit they've fallen off the face of the earth.

Perfect Pussy showed some promise too, but what happened to them? After all the hype even... just *poof*

Talking about bands like Sleater-Kinney in this context doesn't really fit, because they've already had two freaking decades of great music. They've had their time. Yeah, they're back, and they released one of 2015's best albums, but I don't think they represent the face of modern rock & roll at all.

Instead there's... y'know... twentyonepilots. Fuck that shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|