View Single Post
Old 05.10.2015, 08:46 PM   #8
Keeping It Gimple
children of satan

Keeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Gimple kicks all y'all's asses
i keep rewatching the section on the soviets - there is footage of a russian soldier on a train going mad - i cant imagine it was a film or tv show cos the censors wouldnt allow it? but it also doesnt look entirely spontaenous like docu or news footage - too many camera angles - its like a communist version of combat shock!

also this whole thing is just terribly depressing because the same forces of religious fundamentalism and anti modernism are in power in my homeland and it is shameful to see parallels between us and the afghans.

and there is something so goddamn awfully tragic on seeing these aborted modernities and post enlightenment ideals backed by states that are extremely powerful and can impose them on the world - and then seeing it defeated.

this film ends gesturing towards tim mortons concept of hyperobject altho prob doesnt know it.