View Single Post
Old 12.13.2014, 02:33 PM   #665
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ok, finished the first season.

I won't lie; there were some tears. I can't imagine what will transpire in the second series, and I don't even really want to think about it. I need to let this one simmer in my subconscious for a while...

I could tell based on the first advertisements for this show that it would get to me. You know, I'm always drawn to films, literature and television shows that address the relationship between “good” and “evil” within the context of the individual. Anything else, any hero story that infuses the protagonist in light, while portraying the antagonist as the embodiment of evil is nothing more than fantasy. (Not that there's anything wrong with fantasy, mind you. It has its place, and I adore it as a vehicle for more simplistic story telling.)

This show paint no pretty pictures... Of anything. The fact that the hero is a bitter, broken, manipulative nihilist with no mercy, and a conscience that has accepted violence and sin as a means to an end.... And the fact that he's the sane one.. Well, it makes for a powerful narrative.

I'm always late to the party because I haven't owned a working TV in years. But over the past decade I've basically only found 3 U.S. shows that have really grabbed me. Lost, Breaking Bad & True Detective.

... What's this Black Mirror y'all are talking about?

It wasn't that good. If anything the last episode was a massive let down.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|