View Single Post
Old 08.10.2016, 07:08 PM   #92
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green

I know the 'come down' that Severian is talking about. it's not really a come down because there's nothing else to call it.

no he was talking about a very specific neurochemical experience that people get from what is essentially a serotonin overload. however my whole point was that this is more so associated with LSD because LSD acts more powerfully on serotonin receptors and because it also acts on dopamine receptors this amplifies the effect. however since psilocybin acts differently on the brain ( it acts on different serotonin receptors than LSD and also does not act on dopamine) it is less likely to have this same come down effect.

Quote:

more like remnants of a trip fading, merging with a new clairvoyance reality. further 'come downs' are different. more like you laying on the couch thinking about yr life and what cool music you can play and still trip out on.

this is what i was saying, the possible negative effect some people might experience after psilocybin i would say is likely a psychological reaction to the high itself rather than a neurochemical reaction that Severian was referencing which is more so associated with LSD

Quote:
I've seen dragonflies fly with trails of ripples behind them. never a full blown hallucination unless I closed my eyes.

most people don't. in my experience.the only true hallucinations i ever had were all daturas (both on the hells bells and later salvia) and these were indeed intense hallucinations

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|