Thread: religion
View Single Post
Old 07.31.2006, 04:40 PM   #54
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipslikewindows
That's actually not true at all. Christianity is actually founded on the idea that living a good life gets you NOWHERE whatsoever. It's the fanatics that have turned it around. Even a cursory reading of what Jesus said in the Gospels demonstrates that being morally upright is, in the end worthless in God's eyes (as well as completely impossible).

And it's not a matter of "if you don't believe what I believe, you're going to hell", though it's been turned into that. It's "Hell is a place for people who don't want to be with God." So obviously, if someone doesn't want to be with God, that's where they would go (assuming Christianity were true).

As far as who it would make me happy to see in hell? The answer is absolutely no one. To be honest, and I'm not trying to be controversial, if I died and woke up in heaven, it would break my heart with joy to see Hitler there too. But that's not to say that he wouldn't be changed. Or that everyone else there (including me) wouldn't be too.

I don't beleive in God, really (I'm open to the possibility, but without "knowing" I can;t beleive) but if God were to turn out to be a real entity, I would be very interested in being in God's presence. I would have many, many questions for God.

Hell isn't really a place for people who don't wanna "hang out" with God, it was meant to be a place for those who openly rejected the laws that God gave to man to live life properly. If you murder people wrongly, you go to hell. If you steal, you go to hell, etc. It's not like the section of a bar for the people who don't drink or a section of a restaurant for the people who don't smoke. Hell is punishment.

Also, why would you be happy to see Hitler in heaven? He tortured, mudered and experimented on millions of people for no good reason what so ever!!!! If anyone were to go to hell it would have to be people of Hitler's character. His behavior warrants more than earthly punishment. A bullet to the head and then being burned with gasoline doesn't make up for what he did to so many innocent people. He doesn't deserve to go to heaven. Ever.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|