View Single Post
Old 02.27.2015, 09:18 AM   #46232
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku

What's with all the Dan-fuckin' going on around these parts lately? I mean, I know they're touring with Elvis Costello, but to be fair that's a pretty whacked partnership... almost as lame as the one with Burt Bacharach. Way lamer than his outing with the Roots.

I grew up with a father who only really LOVED two bands: The Beatles and Steely Dan, so I know there are some great moments in the band's history, but I honestly never thought I'd see them pop up on a Sonic Youth message board.

For what it's worth, Aja is as good as it gets. (Actually, scratch that- the best Steely Dan song is Kanye West's "Kid Charlemagne" sampling "Champion," but I digress) ... however, even my 60 year old father who follows them around like they were the grateful fucking dead, admits that they are the enemies of rock (though he insists they "really know how to roll," which may be the lamedt thing I've ever heard).

Anyway happy listening.

I'm not trying to be a dick. I have seen them myself... Back in the 2AN-era my dad caught a Sonic Youth show with me and I figured I owed him one. I'm mainly just making fun of my old man here. He spent even know why Steely Dan deserves respect. He doesn't appreciate the warped jazz meets jam band aesthetic. He just likes what he's always liked, and to hell with new stuff.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|