View Single Post
Old 06.01.2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
The stoppage in Sonic Youth activity, Moore claimed, was at least partly a result of fans decoding the band.

"Its like they know what were about, like there isnt a question mark hanging over the audience any more. Like theyve figured it out and they appreciate it. That's totally fine and those gigs are totally fine but theyre also a bit business as usual and that kind of turns me off a little bit. So I wanted to back away from that for a while and do other work."

Their pattern WAS predictable. So much so you coulda wrote a book about it.
Thanks Jenn. That's very interesting because there's an element in their audience I find most annoying. It's like every time any member or the whole band releases something, the fans get it or try to. Your life would be easier if you simply stepped away from expectations you hold for any band, and begin to question what musicians as such are meant to provide for you. You don't like someone's work, fine. But what is the point you're making by projecting blanket-hate for its unfolding, other than you have no real desire of replacing it with your own?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|