View Single Post
Old 11.30.2006, 08:23 AM   #27
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
It's commendable that despite the fact that noise is getting more and more popular, they're still focusing on a "pop" instead of more abrasive noise like they did in the past. More and more people are listening to Lightning Bolt, Wolf Eyes, etc... and they still play for what they want to play for, which I'll assume is now a "pop" sound.

On the contrary, I believe they have to stop with the repitition and similarities between albums. They were always good at this. Listen to Bad Moon Rising and compare it to Dirty. Take Confusion is Sex and compare it to Murray Street. Maybe it's because it's the first time the album distinction is narrow? I'm a big fan of Murray Street, but along with Rather Ripped and Nurse, it's alost as though they're using the sound as safety grounds from making each and every album distinct from one another, which often means weak experimentations (like A Thousand Leaves for most people).