View Single Post
Old 12.10.2018, 09:38 AM   #73
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
^ Likewise. Was 15 when I got into Sonic Youth after discovering them via that track they did w/ Cypress Hill. CiS and BMR have that rawness to 'em that I love in music. The agony and despair is ultra-present. SY got a lot prettier as they went on, and likely less angry as people.

rawness and despair are great words to describe it. I would add word dark as well relating to them albums. funny thing, we must be around same age. I have noticed SY for a first time when Judgment Night album came out. then I saw 100% on MTV, it was pretty cool video, but it did not click with me for some reason, then when I heard Goo for a first time during my university time I was in love.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|