View Single Post
Old 09.15.2008, 09:40 PM   #23
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Because I can't bloody rep Cantankers (damn you Habib, damn you all to hell!), I'm going to join C and say that a) he'll be missed at Melly Towers too (listen to his playing on "Ummagumma and "Meddle" if ye believe me not), and b) "Great Gig" is possibly my fave Rick Wright moment - a genuinely beautiful and moving compostion, and THAT voice on top of it too. Simply gorgeous. That's all I can say, really. Bye bye Rick, hope they've got a good place for you sorted out in Rock Heaven.

When I first heard, the first thing I listened to was Great Gig. Oh god, every time I hear Echoes and Saucerful of Secrets and Us and Them I'm gonna be reminded. What a great loss to the world of music. He was so brilliant.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|