View Single Post
Old 02.18.2014, 05:37 PM   #12
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I remember reading about it somewhere......maybe here??

What I'm referring to is an exhibit where The Beatles, 'White Album' is featured on 100 turntables all being played at the same time and how different the album should sound when played on 100 turntables at the same time.

Believe this is in New York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Thought that would be an interesting piece of lo-fi natural "phase-piece" music - the reality of it is that is sounds like two copies of said tune playing in and out of sync - occasionally interesting, but in the main it just sounds like e.g. "Schizophrenia" being put through some sort of ADT/tape-phase/chorusing-like effect - not really 100% effective to these ears, to be honest.

I've heard attempts at multiple records etc playing done live - I recall a Billy Jenkins performance where he synced up 4 specially cut 12-inch records to play in "natural-phase" sync, with speakers being placed in various parts of the room - that performance was actually pretty impressive, from what I recall.

Still, in spite of my caveats, it's certainly an interesting thread, all told.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|