View Single Post
Old 02.18.2014, 12:11 PM   #8
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Thought that would be an interesting piece of lo-fi natural "phase-piece" music - the reality of it is that is sounds like two copies of said tune playing in and out of sync - occasionally interesting, but in the main it just sounds like e.g. "Schizophrenia" being put through some sort of ADT/tape-phase/chorusing-like effect - not really 100% effective to these ears, to be honest.

I've heard attempts at multiple records etc playing done live - I recall a Billy Jenkins performance where he synced up 4 specially cut 12-inch records to play in "natural-phase" sync, with speakers being placed in various parts of the room - that performance was actually pretty impressive, from what I recall.

Still, in spite of my caveats, it's certainly an interesting thread, all told.