View Single Post
Old 02.11.2012, 10:14 PM   #76
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Funny I was thinking the same thing

I am being quite serious, albeit a bit too philosophical for y'all, where is Glice when I need him? Y'all need to pick up some more Joseph Campbell and get over yourselves. Science is just a new religion, I see that, many others do as well, and so I don't see any conflict between science and my own personal faith because both are merely reflections and manifestations of the same thing, faith, a belief and assumption in things beyond the scale of existential proof. If you honestly think that science is "proven" you are sincerely a man of more devout faith than myself, and that is saying something.

Again, I fully accept science, and I very much enjoy it as well, but y'all are the folks who seem to think that faith and science are mutually exclusive rather then mutually reflecting. Maybe when you fully mature beyond the need to "prove anything to anyone" one day you'll finally see the depth of what I am talking about.

Im afraid you cant just swap the word "religion" with the word "science" and think you have made a point. This is why its pointless trying, youre happy to just misuse words to suit your own end, you love science! But its just as valid as Aesop's fables. Good for you.

And I just hope you posess enough self-awareness to see how inconceivably patronising that last paragraph is. Id prefer if you insulted me directly rather than through implication, but a girl cant have everything in this world of fancy words and fancy men.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|