View Single Post
Old 02.11.2012, 01:46 PM   #69
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Its a cross-cultural phenomena, you see similar reactions from people in different parts of the world whether theyve encountered those species or not because fear of these things is innate in our brains.

Evolution is not a theory, it is a fact. If youre not past this point then you have little of value to add to any conversation about human psychology.

If you feel that way then (A) you have a very shallow understanding of science and (B) you are disregarding what would otherwise be a rather interesting conversation.

To be sure, I agree with several aspects of the theory of Evolution, but I would never be so naive as to call even such well thought out theories fact in any concrete sense. Looking at fossils or DNA and constructing wonderful fables is classic humanity, we have always done this from all the fables we have constructed around all of our observations, but Aesop didn't try to pretend his stories were as factual as the Dawkins crowd has lately. At least I have the balls to accept my beliefs as a matter of faith, where as these fool themselves into forgetting their theories as much a matter of faith as anything else.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|