View Single Post
Old 07.01.2009, 07:04 PM   #59
the red terror
empty page

the red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's assesthe red terror kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
i do wish they had played a couple more oldies and a little less eternal (the whole album is probably not necessary).

I disagree. The way it seems to work, if you don't catch the current albums' tracks on the tour, you're unlikely to hear a single one of them again for 15 years. So I wanna hear ALL the songs from the new album. A few obscure oldies, and some "classic" faves for an encore makes it perfect.

I fully concur with what Lee is attributed to have said (below - see review excerpt). If SY played too many oldies, I would've probably given up seeing them every tour over a decade ago, and only attended once-in-a-while. I understand that others may feel differently, but as their live song-selection policy has stood for the past 20 years, I for one am guaranteed to return for every tour, because every tour set is *completely* different from ALL the other tours that preceeded it.

From today's (mostly positive) review in the National Post:

Quote:
In fact, Ranaldo has stated that “the band would die” if it were to follow the Rolling Stones model of filling 90% of its set with old songs. “Once the summer comes and we’ve got the new record learned, we’ll be playing 75-80% songs written in the last two years. It's not as if we’re existing on a back catalogue, on reminiscence.”

the red terror is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|