View Single Post
Old 07.10.2006, 01:41 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hey man. doing pretty good, thanks. staying away from the internet as much as i can these days. i mean this hot weather is not conducive to being locked up indoors. and the board is not the addictive amphetamine it used to be. and then the world cup ate most of my free time.

stockhausen hates aphex twin? hm... i like stockhausen, but there are always the old farts moaning about the young whippersnappers ruining music. just yesterday i was in a walmart parking lot listening to lightning bolt and this geezer asks me (politely i must say) if 'the music was broken". ha ha ha ha. that was funny.

anyway what's this wire-related book you speak of? got a link for it?

A link

It's ok. It's well worth reading. There are a lot of gash essays in there mind. The essay by Simon Reynolds on post-rock is one of the most pretentious load of gack I've read in a long while. But generally, it's worth it. A great (but too short) essay by Pauline Oliveros in there as well. I like her. It made me go back to her recordings, which was a good idea, because they're ace on a stick.

It's not quite that Stockhausen hates Aphex. He just thinks it's a bit boring and unsophisticated - I agree entirely; I like Aphex a great deal, but the accusations of sophistry always confuse me. He's merely very good, not a great of the avant-garde. Apologies if this sets off hip priest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|