Thread: Gateway Bands
View Single Post
Old 05.04.2006, 06:01 PM   #19
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
when i heard about isis, i went straight into the record store and bought oceanic, i even borrowed money, i was on a mission to listen to that shit. when i got thru listening to the whole album, i was spent but i couldn't wait to listen to it again.

with khanate i had a different problem because i heard sunn o))) first, white 2 actually and i was still over the moon with that one, then i got flight of the behemoth and was even more into that stuff; so when i heard khanate (s/t) i expected something with that sonic depth and dynamism and got this incredibly slow doom metal instead and i thought it was ok. then i heard capture & release and i couldn't get past the song capture because i would get incredibly bored, i choked it to not having things viral which was supposed to be their masterpiece. then a couple of months latter, listened to the s/t titled again, full blast and final got it.

and the funny thing is, i have been into heavy, brutal metal stuff (like death, grind, black, etc.) longer than pretty much any other kind of music, and when i hear this doom band that's heavy and brutal, i didn't know what to make of it.

Definately true about C/R. I find that they're way more unfocused and boring than the songs on s/t.