View Single Post
Old 12.18.2014, 05:39 PM   #18367
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think it was about not how people talked but about how oh-so-clever wannabes wanted to talk, i.e., wish fulfillment fantasies for the masses.

the best thing about pulp fiction was definitely the dialogue, the whole hilarious discussion about the royale with cheese, etc., which addressed certain gen-x slacker (overeducated, underemployed, media-conscious, member of the poverty jet-set) aspirations of clever selves. (just like millenials all wanna be great at "sarcasm.")

and in that it was pretty brilliant and a cultural landmark, sort of in the way easy rider was one for the baby boomers (sell a bunch of coke to phil spector and ride a harley through 'merica).

but yes, the schtick wears thin and death proof was his fucking low point. (though i also hated the overwrought kill bills just as much, but in a different way-- because while kill bill was irritating, death proof was just fucking lazy)
!

Easy Rider was an intelligent reflection on things, Tarantino's just a reflection of them. His films are sharp, snappy, but what isn't these days? I just wish he'd fuck off and stop making films at this point.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|