View Single Post
Old 12.18.2014, 04:08 PM   #18364
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
The problem (of many) is he doesn't know how people talk. Have you not noticed how almost every single character in his films talks exactly the same, and exactly like him. It wasn't as bad in the beginning but by the time it got to Death Proof it was unbearable.

i think it was about not how people talked but about how oh-so-clever wannabes wanted to talk, i.e., wish fulfillment fantasies for the masses.

the best thing about pulp fiction was definitely the dialogue, the whole hilarious discussion about the royale with cheese, etc., which addressed certain gen-x slacker (overeducated, underemployed, media-conscious, member of the poverty jet-set) aspirations of clever selves. (just like millenials all wanna be great at "sarcasm.")

and in that it was pretty brilliant and a cultural landmark, sort of in the way easy rider was one for the baby boomers (sell a bunch of coke to phil spector and ride a harley through 'merica).

but yes, the schtick wears thin and death proof was his fucking low point. (though i also hated the overwrought kill bills just as much, but in a different way-- because while kill bill was irritating, death proof was just fucking lazy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
my favourite Indie movie is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

ha ha ha!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|