View Single Post
Old 10.26.2011, 08:43 PM   #96
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Elephant is one of my favorite records by them.

and yes, Interpol's lyrics are horrible.
Reminds me of a rich kid romantic in a John Hughes movie.

I mean, I'm not saying Interpol totally sucks.

TOTBL has some really charged moments on it. Musically, it was one of the more interesting things happening in 2002.

Then again, in 2002 I was doing drugs in the suburbs with rich kids in vintage suits. College, eh? Hah.

But seriously, "Untitled" could be a Fugazi song. Easily. "NYC" is really smooth musically. The last minute of "PDA" is fantastic. "Stella..." is classic too. But the lyrics are just trash, and it's such a blatant imitation (and a poor one, in that it does not succeed in sounding like them) of Joy Division and the Cure, and late Wire and all the other post-punk godfathers.

They just don't bring anything new to the table. I've heard good things about their 2010 release, but haven't bothered buying/downloading anything since Antics.

I'm not against them, but I CANNOT BELIEVE pitchforkmedia called TOTBR the best album of 2002.

And yes, the White Stripes are awesome. This is a fact. If you don't believe it, see them live (with your time machine). If you love rock n' roll, you love the Stripes.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|