View Single Post
Old 10.26.2011, 12:25 AM   #91
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
They were interesting at the time because they didn't sound like KORN, KID ROCK, and LIMP BISCUIT....and all that other shit. Same goes for The Strokes and The White Stripes.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I'd rather listen to them instead of KID ROCKHEAD.

Hopefully, them and all the "THE..." bands, turned kids on to good music. Just like Nirvana did 10 years earlier.

I was already way over the Korn thing at the time (my interest in them didn't last long at all, even though I did think the first couple albums were cool when they came out). I just, I don't know, was in a very different mindset toward music during the height of the nu-metal thing. I was looking backwards (we're talking mid-90's - 2002ish) while next to everyone and their grandparents were swearing by Limp Bizkit/etc. Interpol started getting notice, at least here, when the nu-metal stuff was on the decline. By that time I was already pretty much musically grounded. Still am. I mean, I'm def. open minded toward music but even with that said I know what I look for in music, and Interpol just didn't do it for me.