View Single Post
Old 10.25.2011, 11:42 PM   #89
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Remember The KILLERS? They were like 'Interpol Lite' or something. The STP of post-punk revival.

I think the Strokes were Interpol lite at first. Or maybe that Interpol was the "evil" Strokes. Whatever- they both turned out to be unimpressive, though the Strokes can write a catchy tune to this day.

I actually don't hate the killers. I don't like them, but a few of their songs are alright.

The WHITE STRIPES won that battle. Interpol and all the "The" bands (Hives, Killers, Vines) were just one hit wonders really. Interpol had one really good album, and then revealed their true nature as a MOR flop.

White Stripes released SIX great albums, plus a bunch of other stuff, an managed to make their "limited" sound more colorful and new sounding with each release.

Yeah- White Stripes. I'm not a big mainstream pop fan, but... shit. Probably one of the best pop bands of the auts.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|