View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 06:36 PM   #269
kenning
little trouble girl

kenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asseskenning kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
What duds?

And Rather Ripped had songwriting?

Lee's songs on Eternal are throwaways, though he's been hurting since "Paper Cup," in my opinion. "Rats" is an unimaginative variation on "Mote" with all the energy sapped. It was good live. But not as good as "Reena," "Rapture," "Jams," "Pink Steam" etc. Rather Ripped was definitely, for me, more song-oriented. Eternal is more interesting sounding, though. SY has always been about melding the experimental soundscape with inventive songwriting. Eternal comes closer to this for me than Rather Ripped, although the latter has some great songs. Think of it this way: someone could easily get away with covering "Reena" or "The Neutral" and it would sound great. Clearly the SY sound is inessential to that album, but the songs endure.
kenning is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|