View Single Post
Old 06.27.2006, 05:32 AM   #37
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
all of you who talk about Kim's 'poor' playing are driving me mad. ok, for example, when i started into SY i was really amazed about how Kim's singing (ex. WM, EJSTNS, CIS, most 'classic' SY LPs) is slightly out-of-tune but always very impressive and emotional. her playing is not virtoso, but hey-this is SY, not shred metal or something. her bass lines fit great on SY. about lee being static and out of rhythm- well this is clearly not true. especially on the last tour when i had the chance to see them live lee was very vital and sometimes leading, rocking hard like i've seen on vids, nothing to say he's bored about the SY idea. i also noticed RR has lots of vocal/riff unisons. this has been used in various other songs of SY, so what's wrong if they wanted to 'finish' the idea about it. i find songs like Lights Out extremely good, even though they are quite simple compared to other SY work.
RR is both very 'light' and 'poppy', it really feels weird from listening the first time, but i'm sure it's will grab me (personally) more and more with further listening. thats how all SY albums work for me.
and i really hope this is not one of the last SY we get. (i chant this mantra every time an album comes out since NYCGF)
peace on you boardies.