View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 02:33 PM   #81
Johnny American
little trouble girl

Johnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by killthecaliforniagirls
totally agree with you alex_could. I really miss the creativity of oīRourke. He had such a good influence on the music of sonic youth. Itīs so strange to recognize that there are only about 3 or 4 people in here with a similar impress of the eternal. by the way iīm a "newbie", too and i totally donīt have a clue why this fact matters to anything.

I'd also like to say: Jim was king. If he's responsible for making "Free City Rhymes" cohesive, for getting them to rehearse and write as a band again like he did on Sonic Nurse and also I believe Murray Street, which you know ... WHY did they ever stop doing that? (and those are two of their greatest song collections if not their best albums, though MS is a favorite of mine) ... and his solo work is just awe-inspiring sometimes. Good points, guys.

Also ... The Eternal love is from people (like ourselves!) who are total die-hards because they actually bothered to pre-order the album, and so ... the love is strong right now. I think some more level-headed fans are going to come along when the album is actually out and, maybe not be as disappointed as we are (because ... we love 'em) but definitely knock down this absurd, "Wow, they're rockin' again!" or, "This reveals things on the third listen!" as if that necessarily means a quality, successful album.
Johnny American is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|