View Single Post
Old 01.04.2008, 09:40 PM   #13
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
hahah

no, obviously i love sonic youth, but i feel well versed enough in their musicology to be able to comment on my very rare beliefs of their 'shortcomings' (or y'know, create a whole bunch of goddam web-bibles, one of which has a shiny new jacket on the way within days...). the conversation jenn refers to was hilarious, and a highlight of my sonic concert-going history, for sure! i don't know many other people who fully appreciate SY, so it was supercool to have a huge sonic nerd discussion w/ people who get it. after a fucking fantastic show (my first expressway!), if i may say so.

and yes, i considered mentioning it in my initial post but figured i'd quit while i was behind, but of course the constant presence of 'starfield road' would be a 100% endorsement of the 'bull' frequency. i really do wonder why they never did that one, especially w/ jim.

providence was june 16 2000---first '100%' in 4 years, which at that time felt like an eternity. wish i'd been @ that lightning bolt gig!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|