View Single Post
Old 09.11.2008, 03:32 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
My problem with it , is that it's not spontaneous.
I think these guys thought: "hey , let's mix ultra violent music ( grind ) with soft music , and let's add some free jazz , that will be cool , and new ( which is true )."
That's music made for music critics.

There's no free jazz in this. Just sayin'.

Also, it sounds completely organic.. it doesn't sound forced at all. I think that's why I like it so much.

Finally, most people are influenced by the things they like. I'm influenced by Sun City Girls and John Fahey and Captain Beefheart and the Residents equally for example -- my music may mix elements of all those artists, even though they're from completely different genres. That doesn't mean I stopped one day and went "COOL! TIME TO MIX DIFFERENT GENRES TOGETHER!"

People get so bent out of shape on here about aesthetics and why they think music is made. I guess that's why a lot of people pass on really great music and end up worshipping Magikckckckck Marckckkckers and shit ("cuz it's fuckin REAL DUDE!"). Just enjoy the sounds or don't. Who cares why it was made? It was made. So, if you enjoy it, cool. If you don't, cool.

Not trying to be a dick, just... stating the obvious.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|