View Single Post
Old 01.25.2014, 02:14 PM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, is it me, or is Macklemore just the biggest fucking douche bag in the goddamn world? I swear, there's something about him (his face, lyrics, and popularity mostly) that just make me want to break his goddamn face.

I happen to know some young women who fancy themselves neo-hippies, and can't have a conversation without mentioning the evils of factory farming and Monsanto, and despite being very intelligent people, they fucking LOVE this guy. It's because he sings about how:

• gay people should be treated no differently than straight people (but is careful to state that he himself is not gay)
• NIKE shoes are bad (because people will steal them from you?)
• He said "fuck you" to a record deal, and released a record himself (which was immediately available on iTunes, Spotify, and in record stores nationwide, with a video on VH1 and a single on popular radio as soon as it was released.... Hmm)

I think he's writing songs that are manipulating those desperate to appear socially conscious young Americans by writing songs that scream "I'm socially conscious!!" It should be noted that his fans, from my perspective, tend to be white, privileged, non hip-hop fans who hate Kanye West, but have never heard "Who Will Survive in America."

Kendrick absolutely needs to destroy this guy. His song about "I've been through drug addiction and I'm honest!!" is particularly intolerable.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|