View Single Post
Old 09.14.2020, 12:18 PM   #9218
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
(cont'd)

Quote:
And no, I’m not quite done.

First there is the little matter of money, like the bucks I’ve sent Harrison and Peters. I’ve donated very modestly since 2006 (I liked Jon Tester, as I still do, but not all the subsequent emails from Montana). But I’ve never given this much before—I’m over a grand including Warren seed money, and some of those bucks I got from you, so thanks and maybe you can chip in to a personal fave or your own.

Second, whether you’d ever feel comfortable about door-knocking or not, there’s another site where your physical presence can make a difference: polling places on Election Day. As progressives argue the relative utility of mail-in ballots and in-person voting, it seems incontrovertible to me that we don’t win without both. And as everyone already knows, November 3 is going to be an enormous mess at best, replete with long lines, mislaid records, voting machine failure, arbitrary challenges to people of color, cops of greatly varying ethical standards, and muscleheads enthralled by open carry. Moreover, many veteran poll workers are aged Social Security recipients with every reason to be more nervous about Covid than most of you. At 78, I’m in that category myself, but I swear that if it wasn’t for my three surgeries I’d consider it. This election is going to be hard, and it’s going to need all the smart, stubborn, fair-minded help it can get. Maybe for some reason you just don’t want to electioneer. But chances are you could do this. Here’s a link to a federal guide to get you started.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|