View Single Post
Old 02.13.2012, 03:10 PM   #24
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
not to change the subject but for those who were there how was San Agustin? I checked out the youtube clips of them opening and they sound pretty good, when was the last time they played? they didn't sound quite as minimal as i've known them to be.

Honestly, I'd never heard of them prior to a few weeks before this show. I researched them a bit beforehand, and couldn't find an awful lot of information. Seems their shows have been a bit sparse over the past several years. I know David Daniell has collaborated with some pretty interesting folk (Loren Connors, Rhys Chatham, etc).

The show itself was fantastic. Very pretty, almost ambient at times. Bits of chaotic single note guitar assault thrown in here and there. They were good. I'd go as far as to say they were exceptional as far as improvisational stuff is concerned (an area I like, but feel as if there is more bad stuff than good).

Would definitely check them out again given the opportunity.