View Single Post
Old 09.23.2015, 12:05 AM   #99
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Disagree totally. Maybe Mitch Mitchell is not also like Bill Bruford like most of the world´s drummers, but he really is much better than Bonzo. Here´s one example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiO8giKD1-s

Really like also Mitchel´s solo in the begin of In From the Storm in Isle of Wight. Mitchel´s playing is quite clumsy in woodstock (too much drugs? on the other hand he play really great in the Miami Pop festival although the whole group had taken PCP).

One thing that is also better is that Mitchell´s solos are not long as hunger year like Bonzo´s (Moby Dick last in song remains almost 13 minutes).
Dude that Isle of Wight solo is exhibit A of shit drum solos..

I mean listen, i love Mitch, and i think he was one of few drummers who could really jam with Jimi. Indeed Buddy Miles didn't work out because he wasn't flexible enough. Indeed Jimi needed drummers who "follow" the guitar player instead of the more traditional other way assaround. Buddy couldn't "follow" Jimi and so they clashed. I think Bill Ward is perfect for Tony Iommi for the same reasons but Bill is much superior drummer to Mitch

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|