View Single Post
Old 06.22.2007, 07:51 AM   #15
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Sarram: Tend to agree with much of what you say (despite still loving Pepper).

I think your point about the music industry being much more innocent then is a difficult one to qualify either way. Although I would say that, seeing as the pop-culture thing was still relatively in its infancy, companies did seem more willing to take a chance than they appear to now. But, like I say, hard to really qualify.

The Beatles probably weren't the most creative figures in music at that time, but they were definitely one of the most in pop music, and probably did more than anyone else in that field to open it up to new ideas.

The long shadow they've cast over subsequent generations is not some kind of conspiracy, but a testament to the fact that, in the end, the were a damn fine band - whose records still, for some, remain vital.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|