View Single Post
Old 02.15.2018, 07:01 PM   #224
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I haven't heard it either, though thanks for recommendation. Will definitely check it out.

Yeah man. I try to mention it as often as I can to as many people as possible. It’s one of the best albums of the decade in any genre.

Koze is weird because he’s a house artist, so there’s an element of redundancy in the genre and people who listen to one song or a snippet might think he’s just like a million other artists, but he just infuses his work with personality and texture and different, seemingly incompatible moods. I legitimately think he’s he most interesting artist in electronic music. Nobody else makes music that is quite as consistently evocative of actual human emotions. It’s whimsical and sad and sometimes a little bit scary and sometimes just plain dumb fun, but somehow it all feels like Koze.

You deserve to own “Amygdala” and have it in your life. The beats and sounds will seep into your consciousness and twist your shit up.

I guess he’s similar in some respects to artists like Todd Terje, Nosaj Thing and KidKanevil, but he’s just on another level altogether. And I really enjoy those artists.

Listen to that “Joe Gurt” remix I linked up yonder ^^ ... not a proper Koze song, but check it out, then listen to the Superflu original, and I think you’ll see what I mean about him infusing everything he touches with a certain... Koziness.

Sales pitch over.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|