Thread: noise isnt art
View Single Post
Old 04.24.2006, 07:03 PM   #1
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
i have more to say than noise isnt art but the title seem suitable. Im having a discussion on a myspace poetry forum about how when a poems title doesnt fit the poem it misguides the reader and makes the write seem that he doesnt know the certain meaning of the text. Any way this chick just keeps saying the title doesnt matter and that its the poem that does the talking. Now I know this is true for most people, if you see a poem titled for john, are going to read it? prob. not. But Im leading to the noise thing.

so then it comes to expression and i then said I guess my poetry isnt art because it contains no personal expression. but now here comes the noise. most recorded noise cant be art because how does distorted frequencies portray self expressionism in anyway. I can see live noise in some cases because your in the act of creating with some level of emotion of feeling.

i dont know if you have to be registered to read it but heres th elink to the topic at hand:

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entry ID=16126135&groupID=100006809&adTopicID=19&Mytoken =C985054A-144C-513D-6B06D48D3E8098BA44934336

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|