View Single Post
Old 09.16.2011, 08:24 AM   #2
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
so it's 100% produced by DOOM, which is awesome. Hopefully it's new beats though. Not like when he "produced" the John Robinson album, which amounted to just "here, use any of the tracks you want from my Special Herbs albums, almost all of which have already been rapped over." ANYWAY, I don't know if there's any Masta Ace fans here, but I highly highly highly recommend the album SITTIN ON CHROME released by Masta Ace, Inc.

the concept is basically that Ace (who is of course a Brooklyn MC) has a "cousin" from the West Coast that he visits for the Summer. Now his West Coast cousin doesn't exist -- it's just a slick way to let an East Coast MC explore the West Coast sound that was so big in 1994/1995 when the album was recorded. Think of it as Ace imagining himself on Death Row's roster (but put it in the context of the time it was recorded).

Honestly an amazing record.