View Single Post
Old 01.15.2019, 06:10 AM   #6
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
thanks

the other problem here is an abscence: the notion that the poor don't get the power of photography. might have been so in the past, but these days of ubiquitous cellphone cameras, and twitter and instagram and facebook, the “trumpland” inhabitants at least all take photographs, even the ones with the beards and ripped flannel shirts. [eta: the avedon boy with a rattlesnake has a facebook]

I agree that he could have mentioned this, but to me he refers to people who take photography more seriously, not the general populace with access to it. Sure, the smartphone is the most popular camera in the world, and I think with advancement in technology it's wonderful that regular folks have access to the means of taking good photos and learn through the process. But the reality is that the majority of people who take photos with smartphones care little or nothing about shutter speed, exposure, ISO, composition, noise levels etc. They use photography in a less purposeful way than the photographers referenced on here, who will often have their work exposed in galleries and discussed by people with more than a passing interest in photography.

Are you familiar with Jamie Windsor, btw?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|