View Single Post
Old 04.30.2009, 08:00 PM   #11
Magic Wheel Memory
the end of the ugly

Magic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's assesMagic Wheel Memory kicks all y'all's asses
A few I can think of:

Stones - The intro is the best part of the song.

Marilyn Moore - Vintage Thurston screaming.

Starpower - That simple chord progression comes as close as anything to encapsulating what mystifies me about this band.

Cotton Crown - Beautiful. Sounds like a cross between a wild unknown beast and old, rusty factory noise.

Teenage Riot - I think this song is a little overrated, but if they had just stretched that intro out for two or three minutes, I wouldn't have minded. It actually sounds like a daydream.

Candle - Sounds like waking up from a daydream and contentedly realizing you just don't need this stupid job anymore. (Of course, you'll come to regret it, but that doesn't happen until Doctor's Orders, three records later.)

So many others...