View Single Post
Old 04.12.2010, 02:06 PM   #3
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
My first was at burger king. I made $4.25 an hour to stand in a grease pit. Then I worked my way up to manager with 11 hour shifts. Fast food is the hardest job I have had. There is so much stress and the work really sucks as much as the pay.

THen I worked awhile for an insurance company as a temp. I alphabetized insurance files all day. It was boring and the pay was not much to speak of, but it was easy.

Then back to Burger King Manager. I needed more money and bit the bullet to go back. Then one day I had enough so I quit I was lucky enough to soon after find a position at a small lighting store. I liked this job even though the pay was not much. It was my first Interior Design related job.

Then I got pregnant and quit working until my son was 6 (minus the 3 month internship I did for my degree at a furniture dealership during the last trimester of my daughter).

Finallly after I was tired of being a housewife and I found a position at the place I did my internship. I thought they were going to keep me there for awhile, but unfortunately for me they had to let me go due to the economy.

Now I am here Holmes & Brakel Business Interiors. By far the best I have had yet. I get paid to talk to you guys in between specifying furniture and making quotes. It gets a bit stressful at times here, but at least I am finally getting a foothold on my career.

My mother was a secratary at a dentist for a bit. Then she schemed up an idea to play her music for the elderly in rest homes. She made good money doing it, and the old folks LOVED it. She was a musician more than anything.

Daddy worked deisel mechanics. Grease monkey. He hated it. I did not want a job like his that would bring me home full of irritation.

I wanted to be a musician, an artist or a writer. In college I picked Interior Design. It was the closest to art, but I could get paid more and have more opportunity.

I hope to one day be in a design firm. I would like to be a great designer and be able to get some projects like I dreamed of in class. I want my license, which is harder to get than going through college. I must work directly under a Licensed for 4 years to even qualify for the test. The test according to my partner in crime here who took it last week is BRUTAL. I really hope she passes so that I can begin to get some of my 4 years in. I really want to make great spaces for people to enjoy.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|