View Single Post
Old 12.27.2012, 07:19 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Point taken; I should have clarified. My worry is not that the album will not be good. I am a regular listener of MBV and totally agree that they evolved a great deal. I believe that I will probably love the new record regardless of how new or fresh it sounds. My worry is that the expectations may be too high for it to appeal to new audiences. I had the same fear about new records by the Pixies and Slint; that a new album would tarnish the band's record, receive negative reviews, and put off would be fans from younger generations.

Imagine the bloodshed if a probably-shit album by a previously-overrated band received a not-overwhelmingly-fair review preventing speculative people from potentially being a bit more likely to like a thing that was alright/good/great (but we can stop talking about because it was a post-pubescent person-shaped chunk of time ago) - that, my friend, would be the true eschatology, Mayans be damned!

Reading note 1: I'm saying that things aren't sexy after they're [for the sake of argument] '18' years old. See also: wine, whiskey.
Reading note 2: I actually came to prefer Ecstasy and Wine after a housemate pointed out that they're actually quite good at jangly indie songs and all the pedal frippery was just appealing to wankers.
Reading note 3: I should probably also say that the point that Porky and I agree on is that people talk about things that excite them in such a boring way. Have some fucking teenager in thee or admit that you are Jools 'Jools fucking Holland' (fucking) Holland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|